Saturday, January 10, 2009

NEW YEAR NEW YOU

Ok this is my first blog of the New Year so I hope that everyone is ready to start this year of on a good foot. Over the past week or so I have had one question asked several times. “Dr. Ed how do I make my New Years resolutions come true.” I have heard this question several times already and it is only the second week of the New Year. Each person who asked this question had something similar. THEY WERE TRYING TO DO TOO MUCH.
Many individuals want to take on the world at the beginning of the New Year. This is the problem! We all do great once we start out on a new project, but it is keeping at it that is the problem. My solution to this is start out smaller. Maybe not take over the world at first but instead conquer your kitchen. What I mean is do not take on so much that you forget what you are trying to do. An example is weight loss. We all want to loose weight but when we start we put our selves into a drastic diet plan that gives us immediate results and then with in a few weeks we let the diet go. We let it go because we get tired and frustrated because it becomes too much of a burden. So instead start small. First cut your portions down. A patient once told me that his favorite lunch is a two BIG MAC’s from McDonalds and a large fry. So for him I said just eat one BIG MAC. Start small then progress larger. Once you get comfortable with the small stuff you will be ready to up the anti.
All of us can make our NEW YEARS resolutions come true. Just don’t do too much too fast. 2009 will be a great year for all of us and remember that we here at CSI wish all of you the best of health in 2009. Look back next month for more blogs from the doctors and fun little tid bits. If anyone has questions for us please drop us a line and we will write about it.

Thank you all for a wonderful 2008 and I look forward to keeping you all healthy and happy in 2009.

Dr. Ed

No comments: