Monday, April 6, 2009

The good, the bad, the ugly

The Good, the bad and the ugly

Well, spring has sprung and the days are getting longer and people are coming out of their cocoons. I love this time of year and the energy it brings.

The Good: Life is good. During this past weekend I was North of Reno at a Regional qualifier for my son and his motocross team. Not that I want to bore you with details of a bragging father but Tyler had the race of his career, getting the hole shot (first one to the first turn) leading the race for 3.5 laps ahead of the two national title holders and placing third in a stacked field. (more on this later).

The Bad and the Ugly: Well, let’s just say that was me. I had an allergic reaction to something, I don’t know what, but on Thursday (yes, the day we left) a rash began to grow on my body and by Friday, I was covered head to toe. It made helping my son and others a difficult task but his riding made all the pain and itching a little more tolerable. By Sunday I looked like Will Smith in” Hitch”. After a visit to the hospital and Dermatologist office today, I am back to normal with just a little itch left. Wish I knew what hit me. Thank God I have incredible Doctors such as Dr. Derek , Dr. Ed and Dr. Amir to step in and care for all of you and to keep CSI open and helping all the patients.

With the down time and to keep my mind off the itching I began to think about the incredible profession I am in. Chiropractic and sports really showed their power this weekend. My son has only been riding 2 ½ years, at the National level 1 year. The last month he has been in the top ten and now the top 5 surpassing kids who have been at the level for 4+ years. The father of the current national title holder came up to me and said “what ever you’re doing with Tyler keep it up, he has come on faster than any rider and he is the talk of the circuit. What is your secret?”. At first I was shocked but then I started thinking. He trains, like the others; he eats and sleeps like the others; and he has natural talent, like the others. What is he doing that the others are not? The answer was simple: he is a Chiropractic Kid. When he gets a cold, he gets adjusted. When he feels tired or sore, he gets adjusted. After training to recover, he gets adjusted. To keep his balance and coordination in check, he gets lasered and adjusted. My 9 year old asks me to adjust him on a regular basis, not because he has back or neck pain, but because he wants to stay healthy and on top of his game. He has taught me so much on the importance of staying biomechanically aligned. Not just to stay out of pain but so much more. FULL BODY HEALTH. When the body is in line things just work. Stress is lessened, sickness is reduced, you think more clearly and you will have an edge on your competition whoever they may be.

Chiropractic is about removing interference or restrictions from the brain to the tissue cell. When a joint is fixated and muscles are in spasm, the nervous communication is compromised. Every organ, every cell, is controlled and coordinated by the nervous system. Even the slightest compromise can affect the function. Since muscles attach to the bones, than anything that can affect the muscles can indirectly affect the bodies function.
I am looking forward to coming back to work today, the first thing I am doing before I start treating patients? Getting Adjusted!!

See you soon,

Dr. Terry and the staff at CSI

No comments: